Extreme Cold Weather – January 5, 2018
- Stay indoors as much as possible.
- Plan ahead by checking the weather forecast before heading out.
- Dress to suit the weather. Wear multiple layers of loose fitting clothes, (including a hat, scarf and mittens) and cover up as much exposed skin as possible.
- Drink warm fluids but avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages as they cause your body to lose heat more rapidly.
- or plan outdoor activities for another day.
More information on how to stay warm: 3-1-1