1750 Bloor Street and 3315 Fieldgate Drive
May 30, 2018
May 24, 2018
E-mail to residents(who left e-mail addresses) from Councillor Chris Fonseca – May 24, 2018
Good Afternoon All,
Thank you for attending my community meeting on April 23, 2018.
Please find attached my notes, and notes made by the City’s Planning staff at the April 23rd meeting. Also included are notes from my meeting with the Applicant held on May 24, 2018.
A Public Information Meeting will be held on Monday, June 11 at 6:30pm in Council Chambers regarding this Application. This Public Information Meeting is the first official meeting wherein the Members of Planning and Development Committee (PDC) will here this Application. At that time, the Applicant will make a short presentation to PDC (made up of the Mayor and Members of Council). Members of PDC will have an opportunity to ask questions, provide input, etc. Members of the community will also be permitted an opportunity to speak.
The Agenda will be available for viewing online at http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/cityhall/planninganddevelopment one week prior to meeting. This Item will appear as OZ 17-14 W3 – Bloor Street and Fieldgate and marked Information Report. The Report will contain a summarization of the community’s comments, mention of the Petition received, etc. In the normal course, City Planning staff and the Applicant will work through the Application based on comments and recommendations made at PDC. This is typically a back and forth information exchange that can take some time. A subsequent meeting will be held before Planning and Development Committee wherein a Recommendation Report will be presented by City Planning Staff to PDC.
I have sent this email to those who completed the sign-in sheet at the April 23rd meeting. However, some email addresses were illegible, so please share this information with your neighbours. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Also, I would like to take this opportunity to inquire if you wish to be added or continue to receive my e-updates. Due to the new Federal anti-spam By-law, I must receive your consent. By agreeing to have your e-mail added, you will periodically receive notices of upcoming events, Ward related news and special announcements. If you wish to be included, please respond giving your consent or simply click on the button below.
Respectfully, Councillor Chris Fonseca,
Ward 3 300 City Centre Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L5B 3C1
Notes from Community Meeting April 23, 2017
Notes by Councillor and Councillor’s Staff:
- Crime on-site
- Garbage on-site
- Sidewalks are never cleared in the winter
- New façade of building already falling down
- No dog run backing onto homes on Kirkwall
- What is owner doing to improve existing building
- Traffic on Kirkwall Cres will be increased
- Lights at Bloor – every 20 meters there is lights – already too much congestion on Bloor
- Redevelopment of Twin Pines will increase density in area
- Residents want no development – need to respect community
- Why is it 15 storeys?
- There will be no privacy for residents backing onto development.
- Is there school capacity for all the new families? No schools in the Dixie Dundas area – residents want input on school decision
- Alfred’s already has traffic issue
- Entrance to the parking is an issue (planner to review)
- Too much traffic especially @ 4:30-6:30pm
- Local park is already overcrowded and noisy
- Property values will drop
Notes by Planning Staff:
- community benefit to residents
- crime on site and at park
- dog run location
- no support for increase in floor space index
- demolish the existing buildings and re-build them, no new buildings
- current market rent versus low income rental
- higher car insurance
- sidewalk is not cleared
- noise from development, actual construction and additional people
- parking access too close to townhouses
- pollution/ allergies
- reduced property values
- school buses and traffic congestion from schools
- parking of trucks and buses
- overcrowding of schools
- privacy concerns
Applicant Updated provided on May 23, 2018
- Garbage/Waste Management enclosures repaired and painted
- Numerous commercial vehicles have been removed from the property and the balance will be removed by May 25
- Security Guards were retained to conduct spot check for two weeks
- A Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) assessment has been requested
- A School Board Representative will attend the Planning and Development Committee Meeting on June 11
- The Applicant Operations Team will be at the Planning and Development Committee Meeting on June 11