The City of Mississauga offers a variety of programs, activities and opportunities for older adults.
- Seniors Fraud Bureau -Peel Regional Police Officer that helps seniors. He can be reached on 905-453-2121 ext. 3335.
- Seniors Legal Services - This Service serves people 60 years of age and over in the Greater Toronto Area, and may also provide services to seniors outside of Toronto if the case is of significance to the seniors’ community. They also works with the local community clinics across the province to provide legal services to seniors living in these other locations. For more information please call 416-703-4040
- Mississauga Senior Citizens Centre - The members of MSCC can participate in activities, clubs, day trips, information sessions, registered programs, special events and volunteer opportunities. The membership for residents is $27.97 and for non-residents is $33.62.For more information please call 905-615-4810
- Seniors for Seniors - Seniors for Seniors offers a wide range of flexible services, exclusive for seniors age 65 and over. Whether you need a companion once a week or a personal care companion every day, they can provide a team of dedicated caregivers who will bring independence to you. For more information please visit www.srs4srs.org or call 905-276-1140.
- Peel Advisory Working Group on Older Adults Housing Peel citizens and organizations helps develop and promote housing needs for appropriate affordable rental and ownership housing for older adults in Peel Region. For more information please visit www.peelregion.ca/housing
- Dental Care for Seniors - Canadians of all aged can enjoy good oral health and benefit from regular professional dental care. Provided you look after them, your teeth and gums will look good and stay healthy for life. For more information please visit www.cda_adc.ca
- Dixie-Bloor Neighbourhood Centre - The senior support program provides education, information and referrals for caregivers and their care recipients. It assists individuals by keeping them involved in their community and connected to resources that help them to maintain optimum health, qualify of life and Independence. For more information visit www.dbncentre.com
- Training Aids by OAATS - The objective of the OAATS program is to improve the overall health information provided to older adults who participate in recreational programs. The success of the OAATS program rests with health promotion champions that attended the training courses or with those who are passionate about healthy active and wish to promote it to others. For more information please visit www. Mississauga.ca. Thought out the City have eleven community centres that are yours to participate in whether you enjoy passive activities such as cards or active programs to promote physical health benefits.
- Burnhamthorpe Community Centre 905-615-4630, 1500 Gulleden Drive, Mississauga ONT 14X 2T7
- Carmen Corbasson Community Centre 905-615-4800, 1399 Cawthra Rd, Mississauga ONT L5G 4L1
- Clarkson Community Centre 905-615-4840, 2475 Truscott Drive, Mississauga ONT L5J 2B3
- Erin Meadows Community Centre 905-615-4750, 2800 Erin Centre Blvd, Mississauga ONT L5M 6R5
- Frank McKechnie Community Centre 905-615-4660, 310 Bristol Rd East, Mississauga ONT L4Z 3V5
- Malton Community Centre 905-615-4640, 3540 Morning Star Dr, Mississauga ONT L4T 1Y2
- Huron Park Recreation Centre 905-615-4820, 830 Paisley Blvd West , Mississauga ONT L5C 3P5
- Meadowvale Community Centre 905-615-4710, 6655 Glen Erin Dr, Mississauga ONT L5N 3L4
- Mississauga Valley Community Centre 905-615-4670, 1275 Mississauga Valley Blvd L5A 3R8
- River Grove Community Centre 905-615-4780, 5800 River Grove Ave , Mississauga ONT L5M 4R8
- South Common Community Centre 905-615-4770, 2233 South Millway, Mississauga ONT L5L 3H7
Be sure to visit one of your local centres, to keep your mind fit and your body trim.
Fresh Advice: Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.